Avocado Fries Recipe Adapted from Sunset Magazine
- Canola oil for frying
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1 tsp kosher salt (or other seasoning blend of your choice)
- 2 large eggs, beaten to blend
- 1 1/4 cups panko
- 2 firm-ripe medium avocados, pitted, peeled, and sliced into 1/2-in. wedges
- Grated parmesan (or other seasoning blend) for serving (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 200°. In a large saucepan, heat 1 1/2 in. oil until it registers 375° on a deep-fry thermometer. (I had to switch pans after realizing my original pan was not big enough to use my spider with) Line a baking sheet with foil, if you have a baking rack, place that on top of the baking sheet which will allow the hot air to flow around the rings while they’re in the oven.
2. Meanwhile, mix flour with 1/2 tsp. salt in a shallow plate. Put eggs and panko in separate shallow plates. (I like to use paper plates so I can just throw them away afterwards. Wasteful, I know.)
3. Slice avocado and sprinkle the avocado slices with the remaining ½ tsp salt. (Maybe a little more, be generous with it). Dip each slice in flour, shaking off excess. Dip in egg, then panko to coat. Set aside while you finish the rest.
3. Fry a quarter of avocado slices at a time until deep golden, 30 to 60 seconds. Transfer slices to a plate lined with paper towels. Keep warm in oven while cooking remaining avocados. Sprinkle with salt and a little grated parmesan (or other seasoning), if desired. I did some with southwestern seasoning and others just plain salt…. Both were delicious.
- foodbeast likes this
- busuneko likes this
- natsukashiii reblogged this from unicornpowwerz
- unicornpowwerz reblogged this from 5ate5 and added:
- unicornpowwerz likes this
- nom808 reblogged this from 5ate5
- philsfan33 reblogged this from 5ate5 and added:
- 5ate5 posted this